trial run

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skinnykid

May 6, 2008
Next to a lake in NH
So I am having a real hard time getting an all night burn outta my small stove.
I learned here that even though the air control is slid all the way off, some air still enters the fire box.
Well this morning 11:00ish my G/F woke me up to complain that it was cold and the kids are gonna freeze to death. It was 68 degrees in here. (women!)

So I lit a fire. Now that it is warm in here I added a couple good sized logs and shut the air off. I wanna see if it will continue to put out heat for a long period of time or if I just lose it.

I will report back later today in case anyone is interested.

SKinny, what are you doin' sleeping at 1100? What about teaching the G/F how to burn? If you just toss a couple of big splits in there and immediately shut the air down, I think you're gonna be disappointed...you need to give those splits a chance to get fully involved before you start throttling back the air. Rick

yes, I waited till they were on fire real good. Well i shut it down and me and the kids took a nap. (waking up at 11 is rough)
when we woke up there was no flames but the stove was good and hot and there where some ambers as the logs where smoldering.

Status
Not open for further replies.