Triangle Tube Solo 60

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

connerfur

Sep 7, 2009
RI
Need some help. We are heating a vacation house with a Triangle Tube Solo 60 Modulating boiler. We finished the install over the summer but as late fall fast approaches, I am growing increasingly concerned about the house freezing up with this boiler. We make it up there every couple of weeks so in between visits, we drop the thermostats down to 40 degrees. What happens is that the boiler will go into a hard lock out (manual reset required) when the incoming and out going boiler temp stays the same for some amount of time (unknown at this point). My thought is to put a thermostat on the smallest loop of radiant and "exercise" the boiler twice a day for ten minutes. This kind exchanges the savings for piece of mind.

Has anyone run across this issue before and is there a way to avoid a hard lockout If not, what do you think of "exercising" the equipment?

I don't know about your boiler, but I would consider an alarm system that will alert you or a monitoring service if the temp drops below freezing.

I've had to repair more than one vacation home that froze and then warmed up enough to flood the house. Not pretty.

I have a large Triangle tube Boiler 250k btu one.

Most of those settings can be changed if you call Triangle tube up and let them know what you are doing.

The other thing you could do is fool (offset) one of the sensors just a little bit so they would never read the same temp so the boiler would not go into this manual rest mode.

Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate the quick resonses, especially since we had frost last night...winter's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.