Trigger Control!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see Zap try that with his 090 wearing a 60" bar. He might need a step ladder, but I think he could do it.

Reactions: smokinj
Another "hold my beer..." moment. LOL

Years ago, before the advent of the twist-off, I handed my little brother my jack knife to open his beer. Now, I expected that he would just use the backside of the closed blade and not actually open the knife, exposing the sharp end.

In a moment of ineptitude, he gave up on the notion of popping the cap and decided to stab a hole in the cap with the point of the blade. He missed the cap and buried the blade to the hilt into the meat between the thumb and fore finger.

C'mon, the 090? He'd not sully it with such a menial task. While that video is hysterical, I can't see firing up the saw to open a beer. And I was expecting it to be a can...that would be a feat! Not to mention a waste of aluminum.

Back in the day, I was riding with a buddy's older brother and we had some beer to drink. Nobody had an opener for the bottles, but he stuck the cap under a part of the roof in the old Chevy without a headliner (rear brakes, several lights, third gear, etc.) and levered the caps off as we cruised Philly. Man, we were stupid then.

Reactions: zap and smokinj
I'd like to see Zap try that with his 090 wearing a 60" bar. He might need a step ladder, but I think he could do it.
I could see myself ruining a few beers before getting it right.

zap

I seem to remember reading somewhere growing up about using the proper tool to do the job. I can't help but wonder how even the thought of using a saw to open a bottle came about.

Sweet Jay

I remember when the end of a seat belt was just the right size to open a bottle.

Billy

Back in the day, I was riding with a buddy's older brother and we had some beer to drink. Nobody had an opener for the bottles, but he stuck the cap under a part of the roof in the old Chevy without a headliner (rear brakes, several lights, third gear, etc.) and levered the caps off as we cruised Philly. Man, we were stupid then.

We used to pull over and use road sign posts or guard rails. Gave us a chance to get rid of the contents of the last beer too.

Yummy beer with a hint of b&c oil. Helps the mother-in-law's food go down easier. ;)

K, I needed that laugh really bad tonight. Thanks
Great thread here Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.