Truman's Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John62

Dec 26, 2009
CT
Jay or any of you other pellet experts. What is your view of Truman's Pellets? This year I burned Cubex. Great heat but a bit more ash than I expected in my batch. The Okies I burned were great but the bags are simply to thin. I am looking to try another premium pellet next winter. I can't seem to find much information on this pellet. Any feedback would be great.

Turman are a top notch pellet. Don't hear much complaints about them. They come in a clear bag so you see what your getting. Burned very good in all 3 stoves I owned.

Turman wood pellets are hands down the best pellet that I have tried and I have tried them all.I pay a little more for them but its money well spent. If you have never tried them....do it. Then you will be a Turman man for life!!!

I had tried a weeks worth of Turmans this year after having trouble with my Hamer's, and have decided that i wiil be using Turman next year. Very nice clean burning pellet for me.

tsmith said:
I had tried a weeks worth of Turmans this year after having trouble with my Hamer's, and have decided that i wiil be using Turman next year. Very nice clean burning pellet for me.

tsmith, Are you getting any clinkers with the Turmans in the Mt Vernon AE?

i love turmans they might just be my favorite. them and barefoot .okies a close 3rd . my stove liked them better than the cubies

j-takeman said:
smile, The Turmans were the best in my Breckwell bigE as well. That thing loved the Turmans!
oh really . i just found out this year how much the stove loved them . only the price keeps me from buying them

smilejamaica said:
j-takeman said:
smile, The Turmans were the best in my Breckwell bigE as well. That thing loved the Turmans!
oh really . i just found out this year how much the stove loved them . only the price keeps me from buying them

Same here, Pricey buggers. But I always keep an eye out for them just in case.

Thanks guys - any recommendations on where to buy these. I normally use BT but they don't stock them.

j-takeman said:
tsmith said:

tsmith, Are you getting any clinkers with the Turmans in the Mt Vernon AE?
J, I burned them back in February, only for a week, and they did not form any clinker at all and very little ash. Hopefully they are the same for me next year.

CJs in Manchester has them. http://www.cjspellets.com/. 2 weeks ago their website said $270/ton (still does) but when I went there the price on the board said $265/ton. I plan on getting 4 tons this year. In my opinion time is money, and since I spend less time tending to my stove when I use these, I don't mind spending a little extra money on them. They do seem to be hard to find though. My guess is while they are a really good pellet, I assume dealers don't make much on them or more would carry them. Just a guess, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.