Trying to refinish an old homelite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hankjrfan

Nov 22, 2008
Southeast MO
Blue one xl-12. It runs good but the paint is rough. I've got the paint matched up I think pretty well. Wondering if anyone here has ever redid an old saw and how you got the lettering done? Template or what?

How about a pic of this saw?

Be around 10pm before I get home and was able to get a picture up. Closest thing on the net I can find..
See the little homelite logo's.. those are paint but not a raised surface or anything. I can probably freehand that
but the other side has typeface not much bigger than this font i'm typing. It says something like "homelite, lightest saw in the world".. or something to that effect. I can't figure out how to reproduce that.
xl12refin01450pxl.jpg

Reactions: Valhalla
Status
Not open for further replies.