Two Loads

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
With the warmer weather coming back in this week we decided to push two more loads in, the first pic is all Cherry & the second pic is a combo of Cherry,Beech and Sugar Maple.

In the second pic we have two racks open on the Northside for that Yellow Birch we have stacked in another area, should be ready to burn for 2012-13 heating season.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4637.jpg
    100_4637.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 705
  • 100_4639.jpg
    100_4639.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 696
Nice zap. Nice to see the night pictures. Are you running a spotlight, or is the brighter pictures from the flash of the camera? Despite the warmer daytime temps are you expecting any snow late in the week. Some models are saying we are. I hope to get out this weekend. Be well

You never slow down do you zap? No new wood for me, its maple season. Ughhhhhh!

Backwoods said:
Nice zap. Nice to see the night pictures. Are you running a spotlight, or is the brighter pictures from the flash of the camera? Despite the warmer daytime temps are you expecting any snow late in the week. Some models are saying we are. I hope to get out this weekend. Be well

Backwoods, that is the flash from the camera but I do carry a big spotlight. I think on Thursday we are suppose to get a mix of rain/snow.

Thanks
Zap

wishlist said:
me too, wishlist!! But I will still squeeze in a load of wood or too. I will go through withdrawal if I don't run my saw on a regular basis ...... :)

wishlist said:

We always try and keep the wood racks full especially when we have good weather to push it in. I have to ask some guys that sugar if they have started yet.

Zap

Lookin good zap. Makes me miss the cutting. I need to get out there and start working on 2013/14. I feel good that the 12/13 is all stacked outside now. Thanks for sharing the pics man. Always good to see them and hear from you.

Looks god Zap - we had a real cold weekend, but the next 5-10 days looks like a warm up - I'm starting to keep 2 weeks of wood in my storage area, rather than three - I'm guessing I'll see a real slow down in wood used starting in the next few weeks. Cheers!

Gasifire, :lol: How is that tractor working out, sounds nice.

zap

:) Tractor is real nice. Saves me a lot of physical work. It is hard to explain the amount of work that the Ice storm created for me just on my own property. So many Pine branches down. I have been filling the bucket with the smaller ones, and then draping the larger ones over the arms of the loader to move them to the burn pile. Some of the larger stuff I am cutting it to 24" lengths to burn in the boiler in a few years. But then there is even more work on the family property. I have been out twice clearing the trails with the Kubota. Just using the loader to push the stuff out of the way for now so we can get through. When you look at the ground in some areas you would think that a lot of the trees would die from loosing so many branches. Then you look up and see that it is not the case at all. If each tree loses 4 or 5 branches it is only a small percentage of what they have. But when there are that many trees. Holy sh!t! :lol: Needless to say. I have been pretty busy, hence not much time on Hearth.com. Oh, I also realized I put on about 10-15 pounds over the last 2 months. That is enough of that bullsh!t. And then I decided on less computer time and more time outside. Better for the soul too. Gotta start running again soon. I can't use the excuse of, "I hate running in the cold." very much longer. Will be tough to use that when the temps are in the 40s and above. :lol: Then, before I know it, the Lake Placid (North Elba) 1/2 marathon will be here in September. Takes me a while to get ready for that! :roll: :grrr: :cheese: :lol: Later.

NH_Wood said:
Looks god Zap - we had a real cold weekend, but the next 5-10 days looks like a warm up - I'm starting to keep 2 weeks of wood in my storage area, rather than three - I'm guessing I'll see a real slow down in wood used starting in the next few weeks. Cheers!

It was cold here last weekend both Sat. & Sun., worked on Sat. then took Sun. off. Looks like we will burn about five cord this year (two cord of bigtooth aspen) just over three of Cherry,Maple and Beech but another year (our third) not burning any oil.

That is why I'm concentrating on getting more dead pine c/s/s for this coming fall, four cord of shoulder season wood is what we want. We have just under two cord c/s/s at this time.

I'm thinking the east coast will get hit with two more big storms before the winter is over. Once you get that slow down send it north.

Zap

How many runs does it take with that tiny trailer to get a half cord?

We too might get some nasty weather zap but will try to save some for you.

well im done hoping for any kind of winter here. sucks we got nothing this year. oh well.

I know in here in the south in SC, but here in the upstate we got something like 4 cold winter nights and a few cold days!

Code:
[quote=ecocavalier02]well im done hoping for any kind of winter here. sucks we got nothing this year. oh well.[/quote]Bobby I feel the same way.  It really sucked this year, I wanted to run the sleds more but it just isn't gonna happen.  So other than hoping for three or four weeks of cold nights (for maple sugaring), I'm ready for spring.

clemsonfor, just a guess but about 4-5 good size trailer loads.

Sav, we will see a big storm on the east coast before April, you keep yours out west.

eco, I think the second week of March we will get hit with a big storm, u 2.

zap

zapny said:
clemsonfor, just a guess but about 4-5 good size trailer loads.

Sav, we will see a big storm on the east coast before April, you keep yours out west.

eco, I think the second week of March we will get hit with a big storm, u 2.

zap
i hope so zap. but it wont last long here this time of year now. theres nothing like colds and coming home and stuffing the stove full and cranking her. and winter camping and so much fun stuff to do in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.