Two quirks with Tarm 40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thom Griffin

Mar 25, 2012
So this week marks one year with the Tarm (with storage). All is well but for a couple of minor quirks.

The bolt that holds the main handle to the door keep loosening up. It happens so regularly that I keep the allen wrench on top of the boiler.

Anyone else with this? Maybe a bit of JB Weld will do the trick.

The other issue is that, when there's a quick power outage (enough for all the clocks in the house to blink), my reset button requires pushing in order for the fan to come back on.

Is there a different type of reset button that would solve this issue?

penfrydd

... or a bit of locktite might work. I don't think you want to make it too permanently attached. On the reset, one thing that does work is a computer UPS to cover those power glitches. I have an old one which seems to make the switchover too slow, and the controller shuts down. A newer UPS I have works very well for this purpose. There likely is a better solution.

Like jebatty I would use some locktite.

I had the same problem with my Solo Innova, the power went of for a bit but the fan never reset so it smoldered all day and I ended up with a flue gas mess. The UPS idea is good but the Solo Innova is 220 volts and I haven't found a UPS that works with 220 volts like we have here in the US. If anyone has a solution to this problem that would be awesome!

K

A 120V UPS with a transformer to bump it up to 240V? Some UPS systems don't play well with transformers or and other coil devices, though.

Do a *oogle search on "battery backup ups 220v" and you likely will find some UPS' of interest.

The problem is all those UPSes you see are European style, 240v 50Hz single phase where as what I need is 240v 60Hz two-phase.

Don't forget what we call 240/220 volts over here is not what our friends call 240 volts over there.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.