Two way zone valve

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Ascherl

Jun 6, 2010
Hinckley, Ohio
I have installed a Taco 573-2 zone valve at the top of my storage. Water will flow both directions depending on whether the tanks are charging or the demand is from storage. The valve has a directional arrow on it. Which way should I install it?

If it has a directional arrow, then is is designed to flow one direction. Most two way zone valves are designed to shut off against flow with a spring return or thermo electric operators. Those big, boxy White Rogers 1311 could possible flow either direction. It has a slotted spool and motors open and close.can

A three way zone valve can flow one of two different directions. Or a motorized ball valve could flow either direction.

hr

Status
Not open for further replies.