Two Years Plus

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I took this on 10.16.2011 just to see if it was plugging up, looks good from what I see. The stack is cleaned twice a year from the bottom up.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4112-1.jpg
    100_4112-1.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 660
  • 100_4113.jpg
    100_4113.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 640
Needs a coat of wax before winter zap :) Oh & BTW, your wood is too dry. A C

amateur cutter said:
Needs a coat of wax before winter zap :) Oh & BTW, your wood is too dry. A C

I'll take the buffer up when I go. I'll send some out so U can test it. :snake:

Sav's wood is super dry, I do not care what BK said! :coolgrin:

zap

Only done mine once in 6 years. Double S/S insulated and just stay clear.

smokinjay said:

The gale force winds you get wOOd keep the screen clean.

zap

Glad to see that is holding up well for you ZAP. What do you burn your wood through? Got any pics of a good fire going in it?

Gasifier said:
Glad to see that is holding up well for you ZAP. What do you burn your wood through? Got any pics of a good fire going in it?

Lopi Liberty

Attachments

• 100_4169.jpg
    100_4169.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 580
  • 100_4170.jpg
    100_4170.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 575
zapny said:
Gasifier said:

Lopi Liberty

Are you burning that Nuclear wood again?

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

The gale force winds you get wOOd keep the screen clean.

zap

Mine dose not have a screen. Its called a dulex cap. Kinda like what you would see at a restaurant.

Attachments

• splitting wood.jpg
    splitting wood.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 595
Bubbavh said:
zapny said:
Gasifier said:

Lopi Liberty

Are you burning that Nuclear wood again?

What can I say, the Liberty likes FLAME!

zap

I don't know zap. I can see a couple of flakes up there on the screen. Better get back up there and take care of it before snow flies. :)

Speaking of snow, we got our first snow yesterday. The ground was white a couple times but it didn't last long. Just a preview of what is coming later.

Backwoods Savage said:
I don't know zap. I can see a couple of flakes up there on the screen. Better get back up there and take care of it before snow flies. :)

Speaking of snow, we got our first snow yesterday. The ground was white a couple times but it didn't last long. Just a preview of what is coming later.

I took care of those flakes this morning, on the other flakes, please keep until after Dec.15th.

zap

Zap, did you get that video in the email last night?

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, did you get that video in the email last night?

I never even checked it, :sick: I'll check tonight for sure.

zap

Mine dose not have a screen. Its called a dulex cap. Kinda like what you would see at a restaurant.

You just reminded me of something Jay. Over the summer we had a bat, okay maybe two, get into our house. You know how the wives are about that! I searched everywhere for a place they could get in. Could not find one. I did think about the smoke stack however. No screen on mine either. No smoke coming out of it that time of year. Did the bats come in the top of the stack, then find themselves unable to get out. With the stack being stainless on the inside as well, did they have to go down. And then find their way through the stove and out the bottom of the hole where it sucks the air up off the floor in the basement? I don't know. But I can not find anywhere else they could get in.

Lopi Liberty

Image Attachments

Sweet ZAP. Sweet. Funny how even just seeing a fire gives ya that feeling.

Gasifier said:
Lopi Liberty

Image Attachments

It's a Nolan Ryan, throws nothing but HEAT!

zap

zapny said:
Gasifier said:
Lopi Liberty

Image Attachments

It's a Nolan Ryan, throws nothing but HEAT!

zap

With lots of Advil!

[zap[/quote]

With lots of Advil![/quote]

Ya gotta love a pitcher that who throws inside just a tad!

zap

zapny said:

With lots of Advil![/quote]

Ya gotta love a pitcher that who throws inside just a tad!

zap[/quote]

I would say it got the best of that batter x2. Nothing like running to a fight to get your @ss beat again.

Ventura needed the Advil after that.

zap

Battenkiller said:
zapny said:

:lol:

I counted at least 8 punches to the head after he got him in the headlock.

Wonder how fast a Ryan Nolan right hook is...

At that time in his career Ventura was a great hitter, not much of a fighter. I always wondered what hurt more, the pitch in the middle of the back or the eight to ten punches in the face & head. :vampire:

zap

zapny said:
Battenkiller said:
zapny said:

:lol:

I counted at least 8 punches to the head after he got him in the headlock.

Wonder how fast a Ryan Nolan right hook is...

At that time in his career Ventura was a great hitter, not much of a fighter. I always wondered what hurt more, the pitch in the middle of the back or the eight to ten punches in the face & head. :vampire:

zap

Heck he jump into the head lock.....Almost look like a wwf move and he got paid to take it.

Zap, what's the temp of your stove when she's blasting like that? I'm still afraid to get mine going like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.