Umm, Will The Fossil Fuel Burner Forget What To Do... Does Anyone Really Care ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trehugr

Dec 16, 2007
Greenwood, Maine
Does anyone "exercise" their oil burner? No not Exorcise, I did that when installed the EKO !! My Generac exercises once a week to keep its parts lubed and ready to go when needed.

trehugr said:
Does anyone "exercise" their oil burner? No not Exorcise, I did that when installed the EKO !! My Generac exercises once a week to keep its parts lubed and ready to go when needed.

Mine runs a few times each spring and fall. No problems so far, but it would probably be good to run it up to temp once a month and run the circ a few minutes once a week. I'm switching to propane backup because of the issues with oil getting stale and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.