Under tornado warning right now!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROBERT F

Minister of Fire
Sep 2, 2009
CENTRAL COLORADO
Sirens going off, clouds building fast, huge winds, hail, oh yeah, its tornado season again!..Sittin in the basement with my two girls right now. Tried to take some vidieo, but the cameras battery barely had any charge, and wouldnt ya know it, the charger is not in the bag!!! WTF! Hopefully I got some vid off, cause watching those clouds roll and turn was crazy! went from about 5 miles off to the edge of the storm cutting about 1/4 mile from my house. Will have to see if any touch down uccured. luckily very dispersed habitation out here, with miles between houses, usually keeps damage to a minimum. No loss of life is the ultimate goal! cant stop the tornadoes, so ya gotta prepare for them

what better way to wait out a tornadoe then on hearth.com!. safe for now, confirmed touchdown, not to far from my house. If you all wanna follow the storm, weatherunderground.com, zip code 80808. town of calhan, we are just to the north east of that town.

Looks like some strong storm centers there. Glad you are all ok. The worst seems to be heading east for now.

I'm in colorado springs. Looks like some wicked stuff building to the east. Be safe!!!

I hope you made it thru ok buddy along with your kids. I never saw a twister in real life but I bet it is an awesome thing to behold

Status
Not open for further replies.