United States Stove Company just bought Breckwell?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
I was just called by someone to tell me this. I am still looking for the news release.

Eric

So now we can rely on you as the 'expert' for the 2400 window pellet stove!!!!!????? :)

United States Stove Company
Exciting News this week! United States Stove Company has Purchased Breckwell Hearth Products! Breckwell is known for their pellet stove technology and will be an Excellent asset for USSC.

GAME ON!!!

This is off the US Stove Company Face Book Page.

Eric

Will this be for the better?

I hate to bad mouth a product but I looking at it two ways.
1.) They flood the market with a bad product and WORSE customer service that hurts the industry.
2.) They make a few changes and improve on the Breckwell design and not take the worst blowers, motors, and control boards in the industry. Yes they do not make those parts but sub contract them to their specifications. Those parts are not the same as in other stoves, maybe the same manufacture but not the same parts.

Eric

Big R had Breckwell Big E's for $714. I did a search on here and decided to pass.

This could be interesting! Kind of depends if they join forces or stay separate entities(retaining the same management).

If they join forces wanna bet the new breckwells get the variable speed combustion blower?

Turbo-Quad said:
Big R had Breckwell Big E's for $714. I did a search on here and decided to pass.

What and where is Big R??? I'd like to find a brand new Big E for that price. Round here the cheapest I've seen were right @ $1450.00.
You got a link to back that up? or a phone # to the store.

It looks like a Breckwell Big E , but the name is Golden Eagle Talon pellet stove, GE400-03, does Breckwell make these stoves too ?

SmokeyTheBear said:
National Steelcrafters makes that and the Big E

Does that mean they are identical? Or at least all of the same parts?

perchin said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
National Steelcrafters makes that and the Big E

Does that mean they are identical? Or at least all of the same parts?

I haven't a clue, they could have all of the same parts just different numbering scheme or they could have none of the same parts. Only asking or looking will tell.

Intresting... I'd be willing to look at one of these to heat my woodshop.

There are a number of stoves that folks think are made by a particular company that are actually made by others for that company or that many brand names are owned by the manufacturer and folks confuse the brand name as being the manufacturers name.

A lot of folks also are under the impression that such and such a stove is made in North America when it is more likely it was assembled there using parts including major metal sub assemblies from across the great ponds.

Thw Golden Eagle and Breckwell Big E are pretty much identical except for a different design in front of the heat exchanger. Tech number for Eagle in in Arlington, TX,,,where Breckwell is from. They are the same product. Much the same as Drolet and Flame, PelPro and GlowBoy, Englander and Summers Heat, there are many more. But you get the idea.

perchin said:
Turbo-Quad said:

What and where is Big R??? I'd like to find a brand new Big E for that price. Round here the cheapest I've seen were right @ $1450.00.
You got a link to back that up? or a phone # to the store.

Big R is the name of a chain of stores.
http://www.bigr.com/index.html

Breckwell started out as a fairly high end unit and the company has been sold and taken over a few times, ending up as a mass merchant and hardware store item.....although I'm sure some stove shops still carry them.

I guess the low prices are good - assuming one can do all their own repairs, etc.

smwilliamson said:
USSC just acquired Breckwells 54 friends. Seriously...I have more friends on Facebook than Breckwell?

Would you want to have an open post with the issues of a Breckwell?

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.