Unseasonable Warmth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd share with you all that here in PEI Canada it's 22 °C (71.6 °F ) at 11:00 PM.It's been like this for the last week or so.Anyone else have any of this warmth where you are?

The tropical storm is shooting the warm air and warm water up toward you folks. No worries, it will be cold where you are on Sunday.

The storm passed us by. We're headed for the low 40s tonight, the way it should be. I'm more than just a little bit happy that the summer that wouldn't end seems to be over.

I am in southern New England. This morning was warm , and sticky humid, tonight is mid 50's and getting dry, chill in the air. I bet by tomorrow morning, you will be feeling that heating season is just around the corner.

Suppose to be +25 °C out here in the 'bert tomorrow. Better then we had most of this summer. Course I'll be sitting in a cold hockey rink watching my boys play. Feel weird moving wood in from drying place out on the edge of the field to behind my shop when it's warm like this.

Warm on Friday . . . temps were back to "normal" this weekend . . . it happens this time of year . . . temps are up . . . temps are down . . . some days you run the AC . . . and some days you run the woodstove.

Patchy frost this AM, but back to 83 for the high by the end of the 7 day forecast.

Frost this morning. Temperature now at 52 degrees. No rain in the forecast all week and a warm-up expected. We might even see 70 before the weekend.

Up here in the mntns, central Colorado. Last Sept., '09, we had an 18" snowfall the first week of Sept., alternating cold/warmish days all month. This year, Sept. was the warmest on record here and I saw the temp's hit the 80's virtually every day, few times it was over 90 F. No precip' for the month, so we have county-wide fire bans in place per the sheriff. Now it's October, and today is supposed to hit 80 F.

Steve, you are going to have to pay for that somehow. Look out in December!

We've had an unseasonably warm end to Sept. also, but it looks like fall is getting here now. It will start heading into the 40's at night and only the 50's in the daytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.