Unusual C/L post

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elderthewelder

Minister of Fire
someone went to the trouble of limbing and topping this tree but never took it all the way down, now they want someone to finish the job for the wood, they say it is 5 feet around at the base, if so I think it was a pretty tall tree before it was topped
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/zip/2433724894.html

Yeah, it's interesting that somebody went to that much trouble and then didn't just finish the job. Makes me want to know "the rest of the story". Rick

ETA: The poster's right, that's a lot of wood.

Still a major job there....No where to go with it..Need a climber for that one. ;-)

smokinjay said:
...Need a climber for that one. ;-)

Without question...but where did the climber go who got it that far? Rick

fossil said:
smokinjay said:

Good question the hard part is done, as far as the climber goes.

fossil said:
smokinjay said:

Exactly! I figure who ever it was took down at least half of the tree already. At 5 foot around that was probably at least a 80 foot tall tree, probably more like 100 foot

I have some Doug Fir in my back yard that are somewhere between 80 to 100 foot tall, they are not 5 foot at the base though, I am guessing they are 4 foot though easy

Although that tree in the pic does not look 5 foot at the base either, hell mine look bigger than that one at the base

smokinjay said:
Still a major job there....No where to go with it..Need a climber for that one. ;-)

Nah man....get a 30 T hydrocrane with grapple,guide that sucker down,take it to mill.Thinking of a 4ft wide 20ft long 4" thick conference table for some fancy office. ;-)

Thistle said:
smokinjay said:

Nah man....get a 30 T hydrocrane with grapple,guide that sucker down,take it to mill.Thinking of a 4ft wide 20ft long 4" thick conference table for some fancy office. ;-)

It would be a nice one!

Oh ya looks like plenty of room to drop it between the house and the shed :)
Rots O ruck:)
Unrelated but saw a Free CL ad today for a "in ground" pool! Gotta love the picture that brings to ones mind:)

nah, leave it there, get a bucket truck and go to town carving it up and make a nice totem pole. Not everyone has one of those in their yard.

maxed_out said:
nah, leave it there, get a bucket truck and go to town carving it up and make a nice totem pole. Not everyone has one of those in their yard.

Now that would be cool.If I had something like that in yard I'd probably have them carve a large outstretched arm,with extended middle finger. :coolgrin:

ruserious2008 said:
Unrelated but saw a Free CL ad today for a "in ground" pool! Gotta love the picture that brings to ones mind:)

Three years ago a guy here advertised a do it your self drive way kit on craigslist. The pic was a huge pile of concrete rubble.

He may have thought about a totem pole or something similar. Taking that down looks like fun.

Maybe he had something like this in mind:

Eagles-bears-2.jpg

Eagles-bears-1.jpg

Eagles-bears-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.