up and runnin

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corkman

Minister of Fire
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass
hi guys.stove is hooked up and going thru innitial burn as we speak.factory settings are 6-4-1 with feed at 5.i plan to leave it on over night and was curious as to what most people leave their stoves at over night.i picked up a ton of aokies today so thats wats in the stove now.(spoiled her on the 1st date).pellet dealer told me today that they have same stove and keep it on 1 feed and 2 blower pretty much all the time.sound right?with my other stove ,a lot of times i was at 5/4 using green team and struggled to heat the house.pics soon to follow

Sounds great corkman! Can't wait to see some pics.

As for the heat setting, the dealer may be able to do that, but everyone's house & set-up is different. I'd leave the stove on 5-5, or 5-6 for now, and see what happens.

BTW, is it hooked to a stat?

Burning Oakies on the "first date"? You'll spoil that girl. :lol:

no stat.do they make wireless

pellet dealer said today that feed and blower rates should always be no more than one number apart as in 5/6,7/8 and not 6/8 or 4/9.any input.my stove is on 5/6 for past 2 hours for innitial burn.how long should i keep it on those numbers and what would u guys set it at for over night.no one is home a good portion of the day so curious as to daytime settings also

corkman said:
pellet dealer said today that feed and blower rates should always be no more than one number apart as in 5/6,7/8 and not 6/8 or 4/9.any input.my stove is on 5/6 for past 2 hours for innitial burn.how long should i keep it on those numbers and what would u guys set it at for over night.no one is home a good portion of the day so curious as to daytime settings also

The dealer is somewhat correct about the heat/blower settings. I usually do the same thing (5-6, 6-7, 7-8, etc), but it's not written in stone. You can increase the blower higher if you want....it won't hurt anything at all.

5-6 for initial burn should be good. I think 2-3 hours at heat setting 5 should be plenty for burn-in. As for night time, since you don't have it hooked to a stat, you'll have to make a judgement call on that. What's the temp is it in the room(s) right now? Do you want it to maintain the same temp all night?

If you just want to keep the chill off the room, set it at 2-3 for the night, and when you go to work. (that is just a guesstimate).

Status
Not open for further replies.