"Up North may see patchy frost tonight"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ64

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2008
NE Oklahoma
I found this on th Drudge Report then copied and pasted from

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=8/24/2008&id=45208

"
SUNDAY, Aug. 24, 2008, 12:09 p.m.

Up North may see patchy frost tonight
Here's some news you probably hoped you wouldn't hear for another four months.

The National Weather Service says areas of northeast Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin could see patchy frost this weekend. That's right, patchy frost in August.

The weather agency says clear skies could allow temperatures to dip into the low to mid-30s late tonight into early Monday.

Meteorologist Roman Berdes says an unusual cold-air mass from Canada will bring lower temperatures, but warmer air from the central Midwest should replace it by Monday.

Berdes says these temperatures are uncommon but not unheard of. He says those areas saw temperatures in the 20s at this point in 2004.

In the Milwaukee area, today's forecast calls for a high of 75 today and a low tonight of 54.

"

The last 2 nights we had 39 for our low, my parents up in Northern WI had Frost advisories for last night.
Hope Summer hangs on for a little while longer, our growing season got started late this year as we were still getting frost into June.

Yeah, the last couple days were kind a cool, you could feel Fall in the air. It won't be long til those take the chill off fires start up.

Was down to 55 here last nite and only 63 this morning. Humidity outside is reading 82%. I`ve been moving my hygrometer around the house this morning and get constant readings of 80% inside. Would this be normal then? Or is that kinda high?

Sounds too high to me, better fire up the bear and bring that humidity down. ;-)

sonnyinbc said:
Would this be normal then? Or is that kinda high?

That is what it was the last time I was in your house. You were out of town. :coolsmirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.