upland 207 questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepyj89

Jan 4, 2012
watertown CT
Hey all this is my very first post here and i have a few questions on my stove.

1- to keep it going during the day i keep the flue open fully and the side damper about half way is that correct?
2-at night i dummy down the air damper so its almost closed but yet open enough to keep the ambers heated correct? this should be the same procedure for when i go out to work correct? if you guys have any advise please help i read the owners manual and im just a bit comfused im a HVAC guy and new to the whole wood stove deal..
thanks all

Welcome to the forum;
Do you have the 2 upper baffles where they belong? Shoved back away from the door? That's a reverse burn stove. You load it fully, and the air coming in goes against the flow of heat trying to get out. (exhaust flow has to move towards door to get out above baffle) When burned to a good bed of coals, reload fully. Mine worked great that way. The Webmaster here purchased the remaining parts and owned the company for a while. So you're at the right place.
Damper operation will depend on how well the chimney drafts. With a metal 6 inch insulated chimney, I ran mine closed overnight. An outdoor chimney, or larger inside diameter will need more loss up it to keep proper draft.
Don't overfire the stove. The large cast back plate is the largest piece that can crack if heated or cooled too quickly. Keep good liners in it, as far as I know they are still available at Woodmans.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/History_of_Upland_Stove_Company/

thanks yes the baffles are to the right side of the stove butted up with each other, i think my issue was the wood i bought wasnt fully dry i dried out some real good and the stover will maintain between 300-400 if i have the side adjustment correct

First thing - there is no flue damper on that stove......

The baffles slide ONLY to use it as a open fireplace stove - that is, to leave the front doors open.

Otherwise, they should both be tight against the end of the stove furthest away from the side door. The stove then effectively operates as an end to end "cigar" type burner, with the fire being started toward the side door end. When everything burns down to coals, you rake the coals back toward the 1/2 of the stove near the air control and load again.

This is just like a Jotul 118 or similar box stove.....explained here:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/tending_a_wood_fire

See type #2

sorry i must not be using the correct language, i have a damper on my exh stack behind the stove, i have it open 100% all the time is there any benifits to closing it some? i can get the stove going about 300-400* with it open and the side draft open 100% once the moisture is gone outa the wood. I want heat but also a effeciant heat also.

Status
Not open for further replies.