Upstate NY prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPCOMP

Oct 15, 2008
Upstate NY
What is a fair price to pay for a full cord of spilt/seasoned/hardwood, if I go and pick it up?

I am in the Albany area.

Thanks,

John

Anything decently seasoned has been 60+/fc between Rochester and Utica. I've seen green as low as $35 pickup.

Here in the real upstate (Adirondacks) you will pay $225/cord

Adirondackwoodburner said:
Here in the real upstate (Adirondacks) you will pay $225/cord

Wow, seasoned delivered? If so, I should get up to the camp and start making some firewood to put a dent in the tax bill.

yeah, thats about what it is here, delievered though but you can still figure $200/cord dry.

I know this doesn't really help any,but the price seems to be about the same downstate. I see between $200 and $275 delivered here the 'burbs of NYC.

Cut split delivered the cheapest I've seen is 120 green.

If I cold pick it up for $35 a cd I would do it in a heartbeat and never scrounge again.

Matt

If you can pick up a cord for $35 and people are paying $225 for the same cord delivered, then I have a sure-fire business idea for anyone in upstate New York who has a truck. Send me $100 bucks for my 'make money being a cordwood delivery service' plan with simple, step-by-step instructions.

Wood Duck said:
Send me $100 bucks for my 'make money being a cordwood delivery service' plan with simple, step-by-step instructions.

For $100, it better be large print with lots of pictures

When I buy a full cord, it's $150 csd. Last year, I got mostly cherry and a little ash and hard maple for that. This year, all maple. I typically buy one full cord and cut and split a cord or two myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.