URGENT need small piece high temp fiber insulation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pybyr

Minister of Fire
Jun 3, 2008
Adamant, VT 05640
Hello all-

in regards to my other thread about the grease spill that got into the gas cook range's insulation [link to thread below], I succeeded in disemboweling the range down to the level at which the fiber insulation layer is-- and can remove all the saturated fiber.

This leaves me needing a piece of 1/2 inch thick 21 by 27 inch piece of high temperature flexible fiber insulation ASAP, preferably at a reasonably low cost.

ASAP because the oven is down for the count in the mean time and even the top burners will be usable only on a makeshift basis

Started digging around McMaster-Carr's website but would appreciate any other suggestions

Thanks in advance!

The original misadventures of grease spilled into the top of the gas range:

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/90357/

You can buy kaowool on ebay. I have bought insulation from both McMaster Carr and from Ebay.

Swedishchef said:
What about Roxul?

Andrew

Thanks (and thanks to everyone else also)

Can't find Roxul in 1/2 inch thick. Also not finding other options in 1/2 inch thick in small quantities/ sizes that won't be a bust to ship....

Thanks

In case this helps someone else, I ended up being able to source a relatively small piece of Kaowool at a reasonable cost through this supplier (below). Should arrive tomorrow...

www.anvilfire.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.