US 6039 - question regarding lubricating spindle/axle of blower fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goode2shoes

Dec 23, 2011
Southern IN
In the online manual for the 6039 concerning end of year maintenance, it states to use spray vegetable oil (Spam or eqivalent) on the fan units.

On my blower fan (on left side of unit) it starts up with a high squeek/squeel. So I used Pam spray on the exposed end of the spindle/shaft in the squirrel cage. It stopped the high pitched noise on the following stove start up. But it reappeared on the next start up after the weekly cleaning.

Here is my question. Why can't I use WD-40 or 3 in 1 Oil on the spindle/shaft???

Any ideas?

woodsman23 said:
Smell issues coming through the blower, I would try just a bit of 3 in 1 and see if you smell it...

I never thought about a smell issue. But I'm really tired of spraying Pam everytime I do my weekly/bags burnt cleaning !!

I'm going to give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.