US Stove 6039 Low Limit Switch Replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goode2shoes

Dec 23, 2011
Southern IN
I read a post in this group (at least I thought it was in this group) where a person had to replace either a low limit or high limit switch and saw what the stove mfg wanted for it and decided to look into getting a replacement from an electrical supply place for something like $8.00 instead of the $18.00 - $20.00 the mfg wanted.

I can't find that posting now.

My low limit switch needs to be replaced (right now I'm using a paper clip to get direct wiring - suggested by US Stove tech support) and was trying to use the previous posting to try to track down if I could do the same thing.

Anybody in this group ever get a non-stove mfg low/high limit switch for their units at an electrical supplier store?

Status
Not open for further replies.