US Stove Company 2500 or 2015 (reviews) versus New Englander 30-NC (have one)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar+Wood

Feb 11, 2009
CO
Hello.

Anyone ever deal with and/or have thoughts on "US Stove Company" stoves (2015 model and/or 2500 model).

My friend is thinking of heating with wood and started asking me about a stove that seems similar to my 30-NC. The house has big cathedral-like ceilings. I suggested a big stove and the strategic use of ceiling fans.

FWIW, I wanted to thank all of those that helped me last year with my purchase of the Englander stove. This forum was a priceless tool into my journey of heating with wood. I was leaning towards much more expensive models, but settled with it in the end. I'm glad I did as it works well for my situation. Installed a second damper in the pipe as some here suggested. I believe that to be a huge help with burn times and the crazy winds out here. I LOVE that I can pack the box with wood.... esp big solid logs after I got some good coals.

So....... again... Any US Stove Co reviews for the 2500 and/or 2015 model? http://www.usstove.com/proddetail.php?prod=2500

How does it stack up against the NC-30 (I see the Englander is 125 pounds heavier)? http://www.englandsstoveworks.com/30-nc.html

Thanks again!

The link to Us Stoves wouldn't work, site not available. I don't have a US Stove model but there are others that do here. Can't recall their experiences at the moment. What's the price difference between the two brands? Despite the name, US Stoves are actually built in China I believe. So if the price gap is insignificant,(they should be going on clearance soon) why not just have your friend go with the brand you can vouch for, and help him with, and support a company that still builds things here.

Reactions: kcmclellan
Thanks for the reply!

Didn't know they were built in red china.

Started to look at dimensions and see that even the 2500 model is still a bit smaller than the 30-NC.
Must be where the 125 pound difference is... maybe even a little thinner metal???

Prob will end up w/the US made Englander. Hmmmmm, wondering if the largest multi-fuel Englander should be looked at too???

Anyone have any thoughts on the two... (pros cons other than electricity?

Thanks!

I recently gave a review of the Magnolia 2015 that was mostly favorable. Never had any first hand experience with the Englander but from pics and reading I honestly think they are very much on par. My biggest complaint is where they are made (China). It seems to me they don't fair well on this forum for unknown reasons as I seriously doubt there is any real performance difference between the 2015 and comparable EPA stoves. Plus many have written about issues they've had with the more popular more expensive steel stoves non of which I have seen in the 2015. If you turn a blind eye to the "made in where ever" you'll see fit, finish, and general quality of construction is good. No replaceable baffle, no problem cause its at least 1/8" thick steel that has forming for added strength. Should last as long as the stove. Glass stays perfectly clear at all times and getting stove up to temp is very easy. Its no BKK I'm sure but if you were to compare overall performance and ability to heat I think you'll find its the best deal out there. With all that said I still would not compare it to stoves costing 2-3K dollars or at least I would hope those stoves have something more going for them besides just looks.
I'm running this stove hard (top temp is 800 right now) for 2 reasons, Its cold and I want heat and what the heck lets see what this baby is made of.

Status
Not open for further replies.