Used Husky 435 for $75, or new Echo CS400 for $289?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

motoguy

Burning Hunk
Jan 7, 2015
Central MO
I've been planning to pick up a CS400 w/ 14" or 16" bar for a limbing / small saw. There's a used Husky 435 available semi-locally for $75 (asking price). Claims it's in great running shape, needs nothing. I don't know much about the 435. Most of the stuff I'm seeing about it is around 10 years old. Thoughts / comparisons on the two?

Quality - I'd give the edge to Echo. Is it $215 better? Heck no. Parts prices for Echo are ridiculously high. If you know how to wrench a little, get the Husky.

If you are buying used have them remove the muffler & get a look @ the piston to check for scoring. Echos are good saws for the money. I have never spent much time around Huskys so I can’t really help on the comparison.