Used Sante Fe worth $500 (needs work)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures are kind of dark to get a good view. But 5 beans doesn't sound all that bad for a 5 year old stove IMHO. How much does an auger motor go for?

i can tell you that my santa fe is a nice little stove that has done good for me.

It seems like a good deal as long as it aint all gummed up inside. A couple hundred bucks in parts and you still looking at a nice stove for 7-800 bucks

That is the second thread in a few days, the other one wanted $1500.

I'm not famailar with this particular stove. If I get a chance to look at it what should I expect when plugged in?
If in fact its only the auger thats the problem.
I just don't wanna get stuck with a control board failure or multiple failures.

Como said:
That is the second thread in a few days, the other one wanted $1500.
The other stove was a Classic Baay 1200. A little bigger stove than the Santa Fe. For $500, Seems like a good deal. Qaud makes a good product. Auger isn't to hard to change.

So I finally got in touch with this guy and if it works out I'm gonna look at it this weekend.
Other than the exhaust fan running what can I expect the stove to do when plugged in if in fact its only the auger thats bad?
thanks again.

smoke show said:
So I finally got in touch with this guy and if it works out I'm gonna look at it this weekend.
Other than the exhaust fan running what can I expect the stove to do when plugged in if in fact its only the auger thats bad?
thanks again.

The igniter should heat up and the stove should shutdown due to lack of fuel.

If you put pellets in the burn pot before starting the stove they should light, and perhaps activate the convection fan if the fire burns long enough.

j-takeman said:
Pictures are kind of dark to get a good view. But 5 beans doesn't sound all that bad for a 5 year old stove IMHO. How much does an auger motor go for?

If I was a gambler, I would say the auger is good and something has tripped the negative pressure switch.

Eric

If it is 5 years old then the control box should have a test mode switch. Write down the current mode setting and then switch it to mode 0. It should run the comb fan 10 sec, pause, run the conv fan for 10 sec, pause, then the ignitor, then the auger. It will repeat this over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.