USSC 5500 M room blower upgrade?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mopar man

Jan 12, 2013
Brockway, PA
I have a USSC 5500M pellet stove. I've had it for about 7 years and have had minimal issues with it. This past season the bearings decided to go out of the room blower motor. I made it through till spring, but I had to take it out several times to lubricate it. I will have to replace it this year before putting the stove back in service. I would like to have one that moves more air then stock. Is there an aftermarket blower that will fit in the case and have a higher CFM rating? Has anyone else attempted this?

I think that stove uses the same blower as my 6041, when I was looking to replace mine I was also looking for one with more cfm but couldn't find one. I was also curious if going with a fan with more cfm would mean the motor would draw more amps possibly, which i wonder how the control board would react to that.