USSC 6039 Exhaust fan not kicking on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

heartnurse73

Mar 29, 2015
IL
So the room fan quit working and my son replaced it for me. Now the exhaust fan is not kicking on when he turns the stove on. We do get an error 3 code as well, but the fan does not kick on with the pressing of the on button.
Is there a way to check the fan to make sure it is bad versus the control panel?

Thanks for your help
Jay

Make a test cord out of an old lamp cord and hook it directly Into the wall outlet. Was the stove turned off an unplugged from the wall when the convection blower was changed?

room fan quit working and my son replaced it for me. Now the exhaust fan is not kicking on

Check to see if pressure switch or high limit switch were accidentally unplugged when room fan was replaced. The main wire harness is a little short in length so when you are replacing room fan sometimes you lean on harness. I have accidentally unplugged the low limit and pressure switches by leaning on the wires. The exhaust fan also has a fuse on the control board, it is the second one in check to see if it is good. Remember to unplug stove anytime you are taking the side panels off.

Reactions: FirepotPete