USSC 6041

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2011
Southern CT
Just installed my first pellet stove. Still learning things, looking for any pointers with this model. Stove puts out good heat except level 1, seems to slow burn too much. A little noisier than I expected also. Someone said there is fix for this.

I have tried 3 different pellets so far. Lingetics seem the best so far. Inferno stinks!!

Welcome there are a few of us here that have the same stove. They are noisier than some other stoves but should work well for you. As for pellets i use somersets not sure if they are available in your area?
Good luck

watersupply851 said:
....looking for any pointers with this model. Stove puts out good heat except level 1, seems to slow burn too much. A little noisier than I expected also. Someone said there is fix for this......

Welcome to the forum watersupply. Lots of info here....all you need to use is the "search" link near the top of the page on the left....I'd simply try "US Stove 6041" as the search parameters.

BTW, maybe you can post pics of the install...we LOVE pics...especially of the stove burning (but NOT the nasty Infernos :sick: ).

Howdy watersupply,
Welcome to the forum. HR 1 is really an idle position due to the fact that our stoves won't shut down and restart on a t-stat like many other models. Bring the draft damper out about 3/4" or more and run her up to HR 5 for an hour or so and you should feel some heat. For more heat try those somersets dragracer spoke of or hammers or hardwood heats from TSC. Study J Takemans pellets test results on the pellet forums sticky links, commit the top temperture pellets to memory and go getcha some of them. Your stove is the newer model of mine and it will burn anything you put in it, however it will perform better with hotter pellets. As for as the fan noise I think mine is OK, I'm sure there are quieter ones out there. I have not heard of a way to quiet them down. Good luck !!

Schoondog

Hello Watersupply. What type of noise from the fan are you hearing? If the noise is a high pitched ringing sound it could be from a harmonic vibration between the sheet metal and the fan. If this is what you hear,the pitch should increase when the fan speed is increased.
If this is the case, you might want to contact USSC. I have read that the ringing noise can be fixed when the stove company sends you a gasket with install instructions. I have a 6039 and it makes the same sound, however the stove is in a different room that is mostly unoccupied.
Emailing the customer service works better then a phone call.

cmooreburn and watersupply,
My stove was making that sorta noise afew weeks ago. I cleaned it well and looked at both fans and they turned true and were not dirty. After putting the stove back in the fireplace I haven't heard the noise. Maybe repositoning the stove would alleviate the noise? Just a thought.

Schoondog

Schoondog, my stove is a 3 year old and started the whine from the git go. There is a gasket that will act as a buffer between the fan motor and the metal. The noise doesn't bother me so have not bothered tearing that piece apart.Both fans are cleaned about once a month depending on if I sift and vacuum the corn in the heating room or out in the garage. To those who are bothered by it,and if your fans are clean there is a possible fix by emailing USSC and getting that gasket.

Emailed US Stove this am. They are putting gasket in mail tomorrow

So far stove is great. I heat my whole first floor(1100 sq ft) with some heat going up center staircase. Learning to move air is Key to success.

Using Lignetics right now, seem to work the best

Watersupply851,
Email does work faster then land line. If you are new to this stove, one more piece of advice to keep your stove running great.Mine is burning both corn and pellets mixed. Every 3 weeks I let my stove run dry. You would be amazed at the amount of sawdust and or crushed corn(fines) hanging on the sides of the bin.This buildup can interfere with and maybe stop your auger from turning.A vacuum works well to clean it out. Others spray the sides with NON flammable spray.
Mn,3 above zero,windchill to 8 below, 2400 square feet, 72 to 78 degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.