vacuum switch on 25-pdvc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooper

Nov 13, 2011
Wilmington,Ma
Hey guys if i want to do the leaf blower trick should i remove the vacuum tube on this pdvc ? Its a 2011
I have done the leafblower with the door cracked already? Any advice thanks guys if so how do i do it?? thanks

I would. A simple thing to do, to eliminate any possibility of damaging the switch.

I just leave the door open on both my stoves, and sometimes I even forget.

just sayin.

Take a look inside the stove, looking from the back (with panel off) you will see the vacuum tube on the left side about 1/2 way up, connected to one of two barbs on the vacuum switch ( the switch itself is a round little thingy with i believe a gray and black barb onit) This is IMPORTANT---- remember which barb you take it off, so that you will not put it back on the wrong one when your done!!!! (don't ask me how I know this), because one barb is for vacuum and the other is for pressure i believe. Also make sure you unplug the stove first, 'cuz reaching my,,, uh your hand back there you will probably come in contact with the feed wires and be leaning on the grounded chasis of the stove and get woke up real quick,,,, again don't ask how I know all this.

John

Take a look inside the stove, looking from the back (with panel off) you will see the vacuum tube on the left side about 1/2 way up, connected to one of two barbs on the vacuum switch ( the switch itself is a round little thingy with i believe a gray and black barb onit) This is IMPORTANT---- remember which barb you take it off, so that you will not put it back on the wrong one when your done!!!! (don't ask me how I know this), because one barb is for vacuum and the other is for pressure i believe. Also make sure you unplug the stove first, 'cuz reaching my,,, uh your hand back there you will probably come in contact with the feed wires and be leaning on the grounded chasis of the stove and get woke up real quick,,,, again don't ask how I know all this.

John
When I cleaned my daughter's 25pdvc I noticed 2 vac switches (one on the right and one on the left).
I disconnected both for the leaf blower trick and John is correct----be mindful of which barb is being used.
Jerry.

Status
Not open for further replies.