Vacuuming Inside of Heat Exchange Tubes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glosta

Nov 1, 2009
North of Boston
Any problem adding a 3 ft. piece of rubber hose to my Shop Vac nozzle and vacuuming the inside of my heat exchange tubes?

I have a funny feeling my little guy may have dropped a Lego or two down one of the heat exchange tubes.

I just don't want to damage anything further by probing around with a rubber vacuum hose inside those tubes.

In advance, thanks for your feedback!

Glosta said:
Any problem adding a 3 ft. piece of rubber hose to my Shop Vac nozzle and vacuuming the inside of my heat exchange tubes?

I have a funny feeling my little guy may have dropped a Lego or two down one of the heat exchange tubes.

I just don't want to damage anything further by probing around with a rubber vacuum hose inside those tubes.

Go to it, remember stove off and cold.

Glosta said:

See post #10 of this thread. Member "nailed nailer" will make you a custom adapter for your vacuum......just need to send him the ID of your vacuum hose end....works great!!

www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/63564/P0/

Status
Not open for further replies.