VC Radiance 2560 Fan Kit replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JTB104

Feb 18, 2020
Maryland
Hello all,
We have an old VC Radiance Model No 2560. I believe it is probably 15-20 years old by now (it was in the house when we purchased the house).
I think the fan motor is dead (it just hums without moving air). I'd like to replace the fan kit and I hunted down an old manual and believe that the part number is 5081. However, I can't seem to find a replacement fan kit (every site says discontinued).
Short of pulling the fan apart and trying to repair/replace the motor inside, does anyone have any ideas on how to find this kit?
Thank you

Nothing there you can work with?
The mounting bracket & snap disk/rheostat wiring
are all you need to worry about.

Nothing there you can work with?
The mounting bracket & snap disk/rheostat wiring
are all you need to worry about.

Thanks again for the reply. I'm an amateur at this stuff. My next step is to take the fan off of the stove, disassemble, and try to replace the motor while keeping the wiring and bracket. I will see what works.

Reactions: DAKSY
Hello all,
We have an old VC Radiance Model No 2560. I believe it is probably 15-20 years old by now (it was in the house when we purchased the house).
I think the fan motor is dead (it just hums without moving air). I'd like to replace the fan kit and I hunted down an old manual and believe that the part number is 5081. However, I can't seem to find a replacement fan kit (every site says discontinued).
Short of pulling the fan apart and trying to repair/replace the motor inside, does anyone have any ideas on how to find this kit?
Thank you
go to myfireplaceblower.com, you should be able to find one that will work