Vent Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michhump

Mar 17, 2011
Atlantic Canada
Just started my Drolet Eco-65 tonight for the first time this season, noticed the vent pipe was hot to the touch. I'm not sure but thought last year when this was installed it ran pretty cool...but maybe it's just me. Pipe had been cleaned at the end of last season. Anyone else run a vent pipe that seems hot?

Did you check the pipe before starting it up? Sometimes critters get in there during the summer, or bees.....could be causing a blockage.

Checked pipe a couple of weeks ago. Also did the leafblower cleaning. I seem to think the pipe was hot towards the end of the last burning season. Is this normal to be hot to the touch?

Mine gets hot, but not so hot you can't touch it for a few seconds.

I wouldn;t want to hang onto it for any length of time, but I'm not going to get 3rd degree burns from it or anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.