Vent up side of house

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nayslayer

Jul 23, 2011
wallkill,ny
Well I just had the stove folks come out to house yesterday and kinda wet the sheets a little for me. Due to the location of stove and house configuration the vent pipe will have to go straight up the side of house about 12 feet. It has doubled the installation cost and now will have a pipe up the side of house. Anyone else live with this?

Just some added info, it would be for a Harman xxv, it's a split ranch and it would be on the second of four floors. Install would be a little over $1400 and it would be through roof and capped

I have mine in the cellar so I went out the foundation wall and because my propane tank is right in the same place I had to run it up so it was at least 10' from the tank. That translates into the middle of the 2nd story. It doesn't other me a whole lot because of what I save on the stove over the furnace.

That's not an unusual installation. Hopefully this won't terminate in the middle of an outside wall, as you can get smoke stains on the wall. Going up 12' should give you a good draft so you won't get smoke backing up into the house during a power outage.

I put mine up outside wall, take it down every spring, in the garage right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.