Venting Kit or build it by piece?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

briggsy13

Sep 19, 2011
Maryland
So we will be installing our pellet stove soon hopefully (whenever dh is home long enough to get the hearth built and then to install). Wondering if the cheapest way to vent it is to buy the kit that Lowes has for $197 (3 inch). Hubby says that we will need to take the pipe up past our soffit, since they are vented. So we will have to buy extra vent pipe to extend it anyway. Any advice for him? Here is a link to the stove we bought Stove

I bought mine by piece from Northline express.com, also Eric of Kinsman stove, a member here can probably hook you up with what you need. Welcome to the forum & good luck with your new stove.

Yes, I agree about calling Eric at Kinsman stoves....great guy, and will give discount to Hearth.com member (he is a member also). Call him at the Brookside store:

www.kinsmanstoves.com

Another great place to get the pipe is at www.dynamitebuys.com. Nice company to work with, and free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.