Venting Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lesmary

Sep 21, 2008
central ma
Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there was a Building Code say how far from the ground a exhaust venting pipe has to be.
I want to install my pellet stove in the basement, there is concrete from the ground grade to 22" above grade then I have wood shakes for siding.
The Pellet stove being installed is a Enviro Maxx. The manual says the vent termination has to be a minimum of 24" above grass plants wood or any combustible materials.
Thanks for your help.

Less said:
Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there was a Building Code say how far from the ground a exhaust venting pipe has to be.
I want to install my pellet stove in the basement, there is concrete from the ground grade to 22" above grade then I have wood shakes for siding.
The Pellet stove being installed is a Enviro Maxx. The manual says the vent termination has to be a minimum of 24" above grass plants wood or any combustible materials.
Thanks for your help.

Code says you have to install according to the manufacturer's requirements, whenever they are stricter than the code itself.

Joe

Sorry for the confusion I meant the pipe it self not where the pipe ends. I have looked and ask some people but I could not get a clear answer.
The stove pipe will come out from the cement 12" and then rise about 3 feet, can the stove pipe be 15" above grade not the termination point because that will be 3 feet above grade. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.