Venting question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMF1

Oct 1, 2006
Rochester NY
I'm installing a US Stove Co 6039 that burns pellets and corn and have a question on the vent. I want to come straight out of the back of the stove, through the wall and when outside, angle the pipe at a 45-50 degree angle upwards to the termination cap. The reason for the angle is to get far enough away from a nearby window to satisfy the 4' requirement. Will this be ok?

AFAIK the pipe can run past a window. But the outlet has to the required distance to pass an inspection. Always best to check local code just in case. Most inspectors go by the book(your manual which has alot on the venting).

I guess my question is.......is the pipe running up and away from the window at a 45 degree angle outside ok? I'm trying to avoid any additional horizontal runs but want 4-6ft vertical rise to assist the draft. Yes the manual states 4' from a window...

Status
Not open for further replies.