Vermont Castings Intrepid Rear Heat Shield Pics?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makz06

Nov 28, 2011
North GA
I just purchased a Vermont Castings Intrepid II after watching Craigslist the past year while finishing up my cabin. I would have preferred a larger model but it's not intended as our primary heat source and I couldn't pass up the price on this one that is in fantastic shape. This forum has been a wealth of information but there is one thing I can't seem to find anywhere. I know I can purchase a new factory rear heat shield for the stove but I have the metal and tools to easily make my own if I knew what it looked like and how far it extended. I wasn't sure if the factory shield followed the contour of the back of the stove or was curved or how far it extends past the top and sides... Does anyone have a photo or link to a picture showing the shield mounted on an Intrepid?
Thanks for any help.

The big problem you may have fabricating one is that it will not be properly UL listed. I know that not mean much to you, if it is the same it is the same, but the insurance and or the local code peeps may have a big problem with it. Just to let you know.

How about a pic of the rear heat shield attached to any Vermont Castings model???

Thank youfor the input Shawn, but UL listings won't be a problem in my situation.

Here is a pic of heat shield, had one on my old intrepid , mounts with four screws and spacers to rear of stove, also has a hole cutout for damper handle on r/h side.. pretty heavy guage metal. i made my own bottom shield and hung it with stainless safety wire from leg bolts. hope this helps

Attachments

• intrepid001.jpg
    intrepid001.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 607
Status
Not open for further replies.