Vermont pellet boiler rebates -- gems or ringers on the japproved equipment list?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

whit

Sep 15, 2009
Southern VT
Vermont is offering $6000 rebates for new installations of residential pellet boilers -- $3000 to the homeowner, and $3000 to the installer. It's has to be from an approved list of boilers, at http://www.rerc-vt.org/advanced-wood-heating-system/eligible-equipment-inventory-eei . Since my oil boiler and its storage tank are ancient, I'm wondering if this is a smart way to go. Are there serious gotchas for this sort of conversion? Brands of boilers to definitely favor or avoid on that approved list?

I have a fair amount if experience with windhager, have been to the factory etc,and they are pretty bombproof. Effectas are nice too, as are froelings. I wouldnt have any concerns with either of those.