Vermont Wood Pellets unethical?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djs_net

Nov 25, 2011
CT
My local pellet guy has Vermont Wood Pellets on his website with a note about the manufacturer being unreliable and unethical. I will likely ask him to explain but wonder if any of the members here have any inside info?

First I have heard of something bad from them. I know they are a small outfit, But from what I hear they are doing pretty well. Maybe they got to popular and are having issues meeting the demand this season. Other factors have entered the picture this season with Okies having issues with producing and the product being a bit off from years past.

Yes, Please do some digging for us. Very curious I am.

Interesting - I have a couple of new tons and have burned a few bags to date. This year's seem as good or better than last year's. Got a link to the site with the comment you could share? Besides being a really good pellet, they're a local industry for me. I'd hate to hear anything negative about them.

One of my favorite pellets and I can get at a fair price given the quality. I will be monitoring this post to see what comes up.

It's unethical that they're making their way to CT and not my area. How DARE they! :(

Reactions: The Ds
Bump to get this on my alert list.

My local pellet guy has Vermont Wood Pellets on his website with a note about the manufacturer being unreliable and unethical. I will likely ask him to explain but wonder if any of the members here have any inside info?

I've only heard good things about these pellets. Seems odd your local pellet guy would put that on their website about a product they are carrying from a company they think so little of. If they are truly that unhappy with Vermont Wood Pellets, then don't carry their product. If they choose to carry it then don't complain about it. Whatever internal fighting that's happening should be kept amongst themselves. Consumers shouldn't have to second guess what's going on when all they want is a good pellet at a good price to buy. There's no need to air dirty laundry like that. Just my 2cents.

I've only heard good things about these pellets. Seems odd your local pellet guy would put that on their website about a product they are carrying from a company they think so little of. If they are truly that unhappy with Vermont Wood Pellets, then don't carry their product. If they choose to carry it then don't complain about it. Whatever internal fighting that's happening should be kept amongst themselves. Consumers shouldn't have to second guess what's going on when all they want is a good pellet at a good price to buy. There's no need to air dirty laundry like that. Just my 2cents.

X2, if that's the case.

I agree with this. I found it odd that the pellets are still on the site, listed as "Sold out" which is what prompted my post. Unreliable is a bad enough claim against a business, but unethical is another level.

Link to page with comment?

Wow...

Looks like someone perhaps ordered some pellets that were never delivered. Agree he should just offer up another softwood choice.

I just forwarded a link to this thread to vt wood pellets asking for a response to the thread if they choose. I kow these folks personally, really great folks to deal with.

Well, I'd take what Blakeslee Pellet Depot says with a grain of salt and wait to hear what VMP says. Better to get both sides of the deal and read in-between!

My scoop about Blakeslee Pellet Depot is they have issues paying there bills. They carried quite a few brands at one time. Word on the wire is they all pulled the plug on Blakeslee for lack of payment. The Country Pine pellets are years old not new stock. That Company has been out a business for a couple a seasons.

AFAIK, BT Ent. is still carring VMP.

Reactions: oldmountvernon
My scoop about Blakeslee Pellet Depot is they have issues paying there bills. They carried quite a few brands at one time. Word on the wire is they all pulled the plug on Blakeslee for lack of payment. The Country Pine pellets are years old not new stock. That Company has been out a business for a couple a seasons.

That sheds a new whole new light on things. A guy wants product but doesn't pay for it then gets PO'd when they won't deliver and calls the company unethical. I think I'd put my money on VMP being the ethical company and not the other way around.

Reactions: oldmountvernon
That sheds a new whole new light on things. A guy wants product but doesn't pay for it then gets PO'd when they won't deliver and calls the company unethical. I think I'd put my money on VMP being the ethical company and not the other way around.

If this is the case, it's too bad. This is the closest (non big box) dealer to my house.

With the box store deals, I'm sure their sales were effected. If they have a product your interested in? I'd still purchase from them, But on a cash and carry basis only JIC.

Reactions: IHATEPROPANE
Bad, bad business by Blakeslee. I'm glad I bought my Vermonts from BT and I'll buy Vermonts from BT again in the future.

It seems that the unethical allegations have turned from the manufacturer to the dealer. It wasn't my intention to disparege either, I was just curious why the dealer would have such harsh words towards another business. As of now, I haven't seen any facts.

It seems that the unethical allegations have turned from the manufacturer to the dealer. It wasn't my intention to disparege either, I was just curious why the dealer would have such harsh words towards another business. As of now, I haven't seen any facts.

Too late. Now we're all gonna get rung up. Nice job! :p

Moderators might want to delete this thread. No good can come of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.