• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gdiddy33

Dec 1, 2021
Maryland
Went to turn off the pellet stove (VG 5790) as usual by pushing the power button on the side panel, but instead of initiating the shutdown sequence it completely turns off everything for about 2 seconds and then turns back on and continues to run as normal. Tried several times with the power button on the side panel and on the remote, no luck. Looks like I'll just have to let it run out of pellets. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? The stove is about 4 years old and just had a full cleaning to start the season about 3 weeks ago.

My stove uses the same boards, and in almost 6 years I’ve never experienced that. It does sound like the board, don’t know what else it could be. There are two, the push button board with the chips, and the one with the relays and thyristors. I’m not an electronics expert so I don’t know which one, but it’s nice to have one of each on hand.

Do you have the stove on a surge protector? If not it really should be. I also unplug mine over the summer for extra protection against lightning storms.

Reactions: Mt Bob