Warm weather and an end to stove season "Maybe"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
Well we have finally been having some warmer weather here in NW Oregon.
Sunday we had the AC on for a while late in the day.

Yesterday the temps got up near 80F and its supposed to be warm again today.

Weather folks are talking 85F by Sunday ???

A slight cool spot tomorrow is forcast, but still nice.

Looking like it's going to be time to clean the pellet stoves and get them serviced for next fall.

Been a great heating season, no issues with any of the 3 stoves, so I guess thats a good thing.

This summer I want to take some time and do a little more "Invasive" servicing on the stoves.
Probably remove the exhaust fans and do a more thorough cleaning than in the past couple seasons.

I will drop by from time to time, but probably not as much as during stove season.

Hope that everyone has a great Summer

Snowy

Have a nice summer Snowy. I already shut mine down for the season and have it ready for the fall shoulder season.

After not running the stove for 72 hours and 70 deg. and sunny yesterday, it's 48 and raining - snow in the Presidential Range... Stove is running.

midfielder said:
After not running the stoves for 72 hours and 70 deg. and sunny yesterday, it's 48 and raining - snow in the Presidential Range... Stove is running.

After not running the stove for around a week, I just cranked them up. It was damp and a little cool in the house. About 46 outside and 64 inside, the Mrs. won't like that. I'm not far from the Presidential Range.

Midfielder, where are you located? I may have asked you before.

Tom C.

Still on standby JIC. We just never know what MN will send our way. Mine hopefully will be off for the summer soon.

Have a great summer snowy. See you in the fall.

After not running the stove for around a week, I just cranked them up. It was damp and a little cool in the house. About 46 outside and 64 inside, the Mrs. won't like that. I'm not far from the Presidential Range.

Midfielder, where are you located? I may have asked you before.

Tom C.

Near I-89/I-91 intersection.

Gonna be in the upper 30's in a day or two (night temps), so the Quad is set to 70°… If it needs to start, it will... Im thinking (hoping) that this week will be the last.

The Fahrenheit has been cleaned and painted with a coat of Stove Brite (just like Quad last year). Have not ran it in a couple months.

I will be painting tye fireboxs every year. While the leafblower is hooked up and running, spray the box and all fumes are taken out the house. Only takes a minute and the Leafblower is already gonna be on there. The Quad I taped off, but prob not needed.

Have a Safe and Happy Summer Snowy......

Attachments

• 2012-05-03_13-47-00_65.jpg
    2012-05-03_13-47-00_65.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 148
  • index-8.jpeg
    index-8.jpeg
    12 KB · Views: 115
Well, 42 and rainy here. Sitting by the stove drinking coffee.
Nights still a bit cool. May have try the MWP Softwood. 1 ton delivered last Sat.
This weeks forecast.
7_Day_Forecast_Inland_full (2).JPG

Still on standby here as Thursday and Friday nights are to be in the low 40's. I doubt my wife is going to buy the "it's cleaned and ready to go for the fall" excuse! ;hm

Well the day after I posted, the weather turned cool, VERY COOL
Got up thursday morning to frost on the deck and the house was 60F when I got up at 5 am BRRRRRRR

Fired off the large whitfield for a couple hours to get the house at least comfortable.

Now thats over and the temps are back up in the warm to HOT range.
Today will be near 80F and by tomorrow and Monday near 90F

Had the AC running last evening for a while to knock the temp down to a comfy 72 in the house.

I never really get into summer mode around here until about the second week in June.

In another week it can be raining and cool again.

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.