Warmed up quick...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigjim13

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2009
Central Vermont
I'm knocking on wood as I type this.

Two or 2 1/2 weeks ago I checked the weather and they were predicting single digit temps and cool weather, we needed more pellets and were only going to buy a few bags. We ended up buying a whole tonmthinking we would be burning through April. Yesterday it hit 65* and a low of 50* overnight. Today it got to 80* and right now it's still 65* and it could be the 2nd night in a row that I dont run the stove. What a weird turn of weather, of course now I will probably wake up to snow. LOL!!

It's 62º here right now, and the stove is off. It seems a bit lonely to go into the kitchen and the stove isn't running, no fire to greet me. It's gonna be a long summer - I hope!

49 F outside at 10 pm. Can't depend on many nights like this . Best of all, I can hear Peepers! Sure sign spring is here. More snow melted today, esp. during the thunder storm. Didn't turn the stove off and now it is 81 inside. Forecast was that it was going to be colder than it was. A few more days like this and my lawn will be free of snow and getting green.

No stove action since monday morning for me and the house was 74ºF this morning. But the temps are supposed to drop later today with the cold front heading our way. So keep the stoves ready. Might need them to remove the chill.

ohbix said:
Prepare to light those stoves. Went from 80 to 40 in NEOH last night.

Just checked the weather here and tomorrow its going to be in the 40's and rainy. That's one nice thing about the pellet stove, still pretty easy to fire it up on a lower temp setting to keep the chill out of the house.

That is what I like about thermostat, no 81 deg house, nothing wasted.

this is ridiculous..last night I had the window fans in. usually we get 2 weeks of rain, that cause the neighboring town to flood a bit...then its summer..no spring at all. i dont know what'll happen if it doesn't flood...could it be possible that we will skip the 2 weeks of rain and go directly to summer? I'm not saying the sky is falling...yet.

Delta-T said:
this is ridiculous..last night I had the window fans in. usually we get 2 weeks of rain, that cause the neighboring town to flood a bit...then its summer..no spring at all. i dont know what'll happen if it doesn't flood...could it be possible that we will skip the 2 weeks of rain and go directly to summer? I'm not saying the sky is falling...yet.

Funny you should mention that. The national weather service put out a sever weather alert for yesterday into this morning. It was a flood warning. We were supposed to get heavy thunder showers to combine with snow melt which was going to cause flooding. Know what we got? A heavy shower that started and stopped within 5 minutes. Today it's cool (50* or so) and very breezy. So, I don't know either, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.