Warmth!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyG

Dec 22, 2010
Central Fla
But not from my Fireview, from the sun. >:-( This is my worst nightmare come true, no cold weather yet and were almost through December. I just installed my stove last spring and have been anticipating cold weather this season so I could fire up my stove and marvel at it. All summer long waiting, dreaming, collecting firewood......and now were having our warmest winters in recent memory. Just blame it on me, I put a stove in, it figures, just my luck. Good thing its pretty :smirk: Thanks for letting me vent, this is ridiculous, I'm just saying.....Merry Christmas to all!! Oh bye the way I have managed to have three small fires so far this yr, not needed but I couldn't resist, guess I should be thankful for that.

We from the north go to florida for the natural warmth. Its 28 here in NY, come visit and take some of this cold weather. It was 15 overnight up here, 78 inside the house tho.

Come on up to Maine if you miss the cold . . . woke up this morning and it was 1 degree outside . . . now it's a balmy 16 degrees.

On the bright side, your firewood is in the middle of a 'bonus' season for drying. The relative humidity should be quite low (it is over here, and I'm seasoning myself, with chapped lips and cracked fingers), so you know it's doing a number on your wood. The cold will slow down the rate that the moisture leaves, but it should be seasoning nonetheless. When you do get around to a fire (early next year - surely there'll be snow at some point in maybe February?), the wood will be better for it.

A fireview in Florida?Your getting old like me.Circulation (poor) ;-)

I said the same thing when I got a stove but it went the other way for me.

Wouldn't a couple of candles be sufficient for central Florida ?

He must also have one heck of a air con unit I bet ..just sayin'.

Hold on Randy. I'm betting you will get a couple of good cold snaps down there, but not this coming week.

It's been unseasonably warm and rainy this Dec but still burning - otherwise I'd be running the geothermal which equals a hydro bill. Been waiting for the cold to just get here. Can't say I've saved a stick this year.

Backwoods Savage said:
Hold on Randy. I'm betting you will get a couple of good cold snaps down there, but not this year.

FIXT :cheese: In a week it will be next year!

We've been warm also. I just checked the heating degree days and we are only 75% of normal here. I'm not complaining. It means I'm 25% ahead for gathering wood for next year.

Matt

woodsmaster said:
Wouldn't a couple of candles be sufficient for central Florida ?

My wife llights candle's often and they just don't seem to change the temp in the house, don't know what the btu output of a candle is but it must not be much....Lol :lol:

Thanks everyone, I knew I would get some funny comments, you guys have cheered me up, as a matter of fact its going to cool off a bit this week, may get to fire her up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.