Warnock Hersey - Gas Stove Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nansanas

Oct 22, 2010
northe ca
I turn on the heater and after 5 minutes it shuts off, pilot and everything. I replaced thermopile, the switch, fixed a stripped wire. what else could it be?

We need to know a lot more.

LP? Natural Gas?
Vented? Non-Vented?

Many stoves have a pilot adjustment screw. If the pilot is not high enough, it will do exactly what you mention.....
Also, if the connection from the thermocouple to the valve is not clean and tight, it will do the same......

Does the pilot light look to be high enough? Also, is it contacting the thermocouple at exactly the right place? Please note that thermocouples often serve dual functions - if they get hot in the wrong place, they turn the pilot off!

Does the flame "lift" off the burner before it shuts everything down?
If so, you've probably got a venting issue.
Even if this symptom isn't present, a little more info would be helpful.
Make & model of the unit?
DV, B-Vent or Room Vented?
Fuel type? (LP, NG)?
Get back to us...

Webmaster said:
We need to know a lot more.

LP? Natural Gas?
Vented? Non-Vented?

Many stoves have a pilot adjustment screw. If the pilot is not high enough, it will do exactly what you mention.....
Also, if the connection from the thermocouple to the valve is not clean and tight, it will do the same......

Does the pilot light look to be high enough? Also, is it contacting the thermocouple at exactly the right place? Please note that thermocouples often serve dual functions - if they get hot in the wrong place, they turn the pilot off!
i love it when u climb outa the ashcan :kiss: vvv

I have the exact same problem, just started a day or two ago. I have a GDS3700-N, natural gas, vented. I did notice the pilot looked different when the problem started. It seems noticeably lower than normal.

I will look for the pilot adjustment.

pilo
I have the exact same problem, just started a day or two ago. I have a GDS3700-N, natural gas, vented. I did notice the pilot looked different when the problem started. It seems noticeably lower than normal.

I will look for the pilot adjustment.
pilots rarely need adjusted its more likely that he pilot orfice needs cleaned.

Status
Not open for further replies.