Was going to finish the splitting today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Just the pin oak left to split but I just won't do it with snow on the ground. We had it yesterday and we have more today. It is still snowing too so I think I shall sit right here and just watch it. The wood will wait for a few days so it will dry off and I won't take the chance of slipping with this sore hip again.

I don't know Dennis. You don't want to risk running short on wood.

Dennis,

Seriously what would you do if you had less than 5-7 years worth of wood ??? You better get out thete ASAP !!!!

Shawn

Backwoods Savage said:
The wood will wait for a few days so it will dry off and I won't take the chance of slipping with this sore hip again.

This late, the snow will not last long, no point in taking risks with your hip.

It really has been a very long winter for you folks....

Yep, the wood can wait (for a little while!). I've been worried about a late season snow - finally snow free at the house, but some ice left on the pond. Cheers!

Let it sit, no point in fighting the weather now.

It is still out there waiting for me. Dang it was cold today for this time of year.

Well Dennis, if you start to run a little short on wood next year you could dig into your 12/13 wood, but that would affect your 13/14 wood and that would affect your 14/15 wood and then, of course, that wood affect your 15/16 wood. Needless to say all of that would affect your 16/17 and 17/18 wood which would further impact your 18/19 wood.

Looks to me like you might have to see if you can buy some green ash from somebody if you run low in the 11/12 season just to keep from impacting the rest of this decades wood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (You can't cut it yourself 'cause you'll be busy working on your 19/20 wood).

Simple.

Ed

Don't know if it's coming your way or not, but we are under a Winter Storm Warning over here. 5-9 inches expected this afternoon and tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.