Washington Olympic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeBlue

Nov 12, 2010
Eastern L.I.
I have a Washington Olympic Crest, I bought it 30+ years ago. This stove has never been used, it has some dust on it and a little paint. I am wondering if a stove this old has any value or whether technology has made it obsolete.

I think this is a Taiwan knockoff of the Vermont Castings Defiant stove. It's not as well made, but will heat with a little more tinkering than the real mccoy. If the stove is cleaned up to look like new, you may be able to get $300-400 for it. This is peak season.

That sounds like this stove, I remember when I bought it that it was a lot like one of the Vermont Castings stoves. Made in Taiwan though, I guess it has no value outside of how I use it for heat. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.