Water Tubes On Greenwood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

henfruit

Minister of Fire
Just a lite coast of soot.

Attachments

• DSCN0680.jpg
    DSCN0680.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 295
That was after burning for eight hours today. i burn all rounds oak beech ect. Every once and a while i will give then a brush down with a round steel boiler brush. I checked the temp of the refractory and it was at 1000 f.

What kind of water temps are you getting. Last night my Adobe had the door glowing in the dark, that's NO LIE, and the water temp was only 170* with a return temp of over 150*. Parts of the door were between 740* and 830* . Still cold in Minnesota. My tubes look about like that, just brushed them down this morning before I re-lit the fire. If it builds up that much where all the heat is how bad is it in the back, that's the scary part, we can clean the top fairly easily. Good Luck. Jim

The temps vary as my house calls for heat. some time high 180 s in 175 out. I have found i get A four degree temp differance between the in and out.

Henfruit, that's pretty nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.