Waterford 104, decent stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amrva

Oct 7, 2011
Central Virginia
Hello,
I just got a little Waterford model 104 to help heat my 1000 sq' house this winter and was wondering how safe and efficient it will be. I don't need anything too big so I think it will work ok for my needs. Also the porcelain coating is worn off in a few spots so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to touching it up or painting over the finish. Thanks ahead for any input.

amrva said:
Hello,
I just got a little Waterford model 104 to help heat my 1000 sq' house this winter and was wondering how safe and efficient it will be. I don't need anything too big so I think it will work ok for my needs. Also the porcelain coating is worn off in a few spots so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to touching it up or painting over the finish. Thanks ahead for any input.

You can do a search here, but I think Waterford stoves are generally considered to be good little stoves!
What color is the enamel and how badly is it worn? I think I would try to live with it, but there are probably high temp paints you can get that would match most colors to touch up here and there. Somebody here, I can't remember who, had the tip that if it's a spray paint, to spray it into a cup or something and apply with a brush if you are doing touch ups, rather than overspray or have to mask and get a weird line.
I definitely wouldn't try to paint over the whole enamel in a different color. Somebody painted the ceramic tile in my old house once to change the color, baaaaaad idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.