Watertown, CT wood "score" maybe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exmasonite

Feeling the Heat
Oct 3, 2010
Novi, MI
Hey folks... almost posted this in the Newtown thread but figured i might get some more traffic here:

http://nwct.craigslist.org/zip/2297221146.html

Guy has a big tree down in Watertown, CT. I figured i'd be down for about a cord (2 truckloads) but not sure I can or want to commit to more than that. (more of a time thing).

I've been emailing the guy. His big condition is he wants "all or nothing" which I guess is somewhat understandable. I have an email out to him saying if the brush needs to go to b/c that'd be a dealbreaker. haven't been out to the property to check out the tree. He doesn't know what kind but says trunk base is about 2 feet.

Anyways, just wondering if there's anybody else up in NW CT who might be up for splitting this "scrounge" with me. Feel free to reply here or drop me a PM. I'm up in Torrington.

I'd be up for it if it waited until this weekend.

A two foot diameter tree won't be more than two cords.

Ended up being a 3' trunk. Got about 1/2 of it today before the 066 tensioner broke

Status
Not open for further replies.