We have some work do. With updates.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskiatomic

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2008
Central CT
I've been helping out Doug in CT, try to get 2-3 years ahead. Some picks of wood to be stacked and a nice load that my buddy from a local tree service dropped at his place.

KC

Attachments

• Kenbo 001.jpg
    Kenbo 001.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 637
  • Kenbo 002.jpg
    Kenbo 002.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 624
  • Kenbo 003.jpg
    Kenbo 003.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 624
A few more.

KC

Attachments

• Kenbo 004.jpg
    Kenbo 004.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 608
  • Kenbo 005.jpg
    Kenbo 005.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 605
  • Kenbo 006.jpg
    Kenbo 006.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 635
  • Kenbo 007.jpg
    Kenbo 007.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 627
All of the log length was bucked up last night. Yes, at night. 2000 watts of halogen to see WTF I was doing. It gets dark early around here now. You just can't buy time.

Plenty of adult beverages after.

KC

Nice work iskiatomic.

All of the log length was bucked up last night. Yes, at night. 2000 watts of halogen to see WTF I was doing. It gets dark ealy around here now. You just can’t buy time. Plenty of adult beverages after.
KC

What do you guys use for a splitter? Are you feeling the after effects of the beverages today? :)

What do you guys use for a splitter? Are you feeling the after effects of the beverages today?

I have a Troy Built 27 ton, with a Honda, I recently picked up at Lowes. Very satisfied.

Nope, hair of the dog!

KC

I have a Troy Built 27 ton, with a Honda, I recently picked up at Lowes. Very satisfied.
Nope, hair of the dog!
KC

:lol: Good for you man. I just looked at one of those splitters at Lowe's the other day. Sooner or later I may buy one. For now I just borrow my neighbors or rent one. The local hardware store rents a 27 ton splitter for $40 for a half day and $60 dollars for the whole day. I can split a lot of wood if I rent it in the morning and bring it back the next morning. It would still be nice to have my own though. I went to rent it the other day on my last day off and it was already reserved. It seems I have learned that lesson before. Call ahead several days and reserve it dumb a.. :lol: Have a good one.

Gasifier said:
Nope, hair of the dog!
KC

:lol: Good for you man. I just looked at one of those splitters at Lowe's the other day. Sooner or later I may buy one. For now I just borrow my neighbors or rent one. The local hardware store rents a 27 ton splitter for $40 for a half day and $60 dollars for the whole day. I can split a lot of wood if I rent it in the morning and bring it back the next morning. It would still be nice to have my own though. I went to rent it the other day on my last day off and it was already reserved. It seems I have learned that lesson before. Call ahead several days and reserve it dumb a.. :lol: Have a good one.

Actually it would seem you haven't Gasifier.. :shut: Not laughing AT you laughing WITH you. I've 'not learned' that lesson myself a couple times. Oh well, maybe a 2x4 upside the head the next time will help it sink in for both of us. I'm with you on drooling over my own splitter but just can't justify it when I still enjoy and can split most of the easy stuff by hand.

Gasifier said:
The local hardware store rents a 27 ton splitter for $40 for a half day and $60 dollars for the whole day. I can split a lot of wood if I rent it in the morning and bring it back the next morning.

That's a good rental rate. Home Depot near here was $95 a day plus tax. Local rental guy was $85 but you could pick it up late Friday and bring it back early Monday for a one day rental, since he's closed on Sunday.

I was just about to rent one when I found the killer deal on a seven year old but still brand new, unused 35 ton Huskee for $1000. That was too sweet to pass over even though I don't really burn enough to justify hydraulics.

Actually it would seem you haven’t Gasifier.. Not laughing AT you laughing WITH you. I’ve ‘not learned’ that lesson myself a couple times. Oh well, maybe a 2x4 upside the head the next time will help it sink in for both of us. I’m with you on drooling over my own splitter but just can’t justify it when I still enjoy and can split most of the easy stuff by hand.
:lol: I hear Woodpile. I like to split with my maul, sledge and wedge as well. But a cord or two. I have a pile of rounds now that is somewhere around 7-9 face cord. I lost track of how many loads from the truck I brought in. Time for the splitter and some tunes.

Gasifier said:
I have a pile of rounds now that is somewhere around 7-9 face cord.

Is that anything like 2 1/3 to 3 real cords?

Is that anything like 2 1/3 to 3 real cords?

:lol: Nope Kenster, it ain't! Us here uneducated folk, up in here in Northern New York, have our own language and ways of doin things. :lol:

This Doug guy is killing me. I can't wait to go to work on Monday so I can relax. LOL Damn good thing he likes beer as well as I do.

KC

Attachments

• Dougbo 001.jpg
    Dougbo 001.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 464
  • Dougbo 002.jpg
    Dougbo 002.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 462
  • Dougbo 003.jpg
    Dougbo 003.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 483
  • Dougbo 004.jpg
    Dougbo 004.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 467
More pics. Daylight is short, need to break out the lights!

Attachments

• Dougbo 005.jpg
    Dougbo 005.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 466
  • Dougbo 006.jpg
    Dougbo 006.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 461
  • Dougbo 007.jpg
    Dougbo 007.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 464
  • Dougbo 008.jpg
    Dougbo 008.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 459
I know you cats love pics.

Also a pic of Doug slacking off next to the fire. He says sit down. No way show over!

Even took the Ski Doo out for some grass draggin'.

Last pic, however at night is of all the brush that will be chipped from the crazy storm.

Attachments

• Dougbo 009.jpg
    Dougbo 009.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 464
  • Dougbo 010.jpg
    Dougbo 010.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 459
  • Dougbo 011.jpg
    Dougbo 011.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 467
  • Dougbo 012.jpg
    Dougbo 012.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 455
Very cool iskiatomic. Thanks for the pics. Now, you have to include a pic of a nice fire you have going when you are relaxing man, picture of your fav beer sitting there always is cool. :lol: You are dedicated with those lights. Nice setup you got going there.

Almost done.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the reward!!!!!!!!!!!

KC

Now if Doug can get out of bed before 10am we can get a lot more done.

Attachments

• Dougbo 013.jpg
    Dougbo 013.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 458
  • Dougbo 014.jpg
    Dougbo 014.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 464
  • Dougbo 015.jpg
    Dougbo 015.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 446
iskiatomic said:
2000 watts of halogen to see WTF I was doing.
You just can't buy time.
Sounds like you did buy time... 2000 watts worth. It will be added to your electric bill.

IKWYM about looking forward to going back to your regular job to get a break.

Gasifier said:
Nope, hair of the dog!
KC

This is a 1983 West Coast Beaver Chomper and only 24 were built.

Allan

Attachments

• IMGP2985.jpg
    IMGP2985.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 413
  • IMGP2979.jpg
    IMGP2979.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 396
Very nice "isk"
Wood stacks getting bigger, feels good eh?
Nice sled ;)

bogydave, all of this is for my buddy Doug in CT. I am set for 5+ years thanks to Dennis and many of you at Hearth.com. It's one of those watch what you wish for, with the recent storm here three weeks ago. If you can't find wood around here your eyes are closed. I have a tree service dropping loads, he sends me to jobsites to pick up wood, etc. All IN town. Looking forward to the holiday next week, head north, and if all goes well the heaviest thing I will pick up is a fork and a beer. Hopefully some skiing if Mother Nature cooperates.

KC....................Kenbo.

hobbyheater said:
This is a 1983 West Coast Beaver Chomper and only 24 were built.

Allan

That is a cool looking machine. Any pics of the winch setup? What kind of eyehooks are those? Are you pre drilling and then screwing them in?

iskiatomic said:
This Doug guy is killing me. I can't wait to go to work on Monday so I can relax. LOL Damn good thing he likes beer as well as I do.

KC

KC,nice work. It's always nice when you can look out the window an see two years of dollar signs stacked up, money in the bank.

Zap

Zap, I have about 5 years here. Working on Doug. It is qiute nice to have wood that is 2-3 years seasoned, throw it in the stove and it fires right up.

I was sporting the Zap's Embroidery cap yesterday!

KC

iskiatomic said:
Zap, I have about 5 years here. Working on Doug. It is qiute nice to have wood that is 2-3 years seasoned, throw it in the stove and it fires right up.

I was sporting the Zap's Embroidery cap yesterday!

KC

Good deal, we started burning some nice two year old cherry, takes right off like you said. Looks like cutting today will have to wait (winds are stronger, 20-30 mph) so I'll get stacking.

Looks like the weather will be good through Thanksgiving on the east coast.

zap

KC, thanks for posting the pictures. Looks like a lot of work for sure and I'm betting you will be glad to get to your regular job to relax a bit or at least let those muscles rest for a while. Good for you too for helping Doug. Hey, I broke out my Zap hat too!

Status
Not open for further replies.