Weather change, again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dw06

Nov 15, 2010
SW Pa
Looks like are area is going back to highs in the 30s to low 40s and a few night lows into the 20s again. And of course rain and snow thrown in for good measure lol.
I'm ready pellet wise, picked up 30 bags of Lignetics to try out since I haven't tried them yet. So with those and 15 bags of AWF should finish the season out. Any comments on how the Lignetics have done for you? I just put 1st bag in overnight and looks like tomorrow will be the real test with a high of 37 and low of 20 overnight into friday.

A far cry from March of last year! Where is that Gorebull warming? At least inside is toasty warm with the stove running 24/7 25F outside now. Got 5 inches of wet Spring snow yesterday and more predicted for tomorrow.

dw06 said:
Looks like are area is going back to highs in the 30s to low 40s and a few night lows into the 20s again. And of course rain and snow thrown in for good measure lol.
I'm ready pellet wise, picked up 30 bags of Lignetics to try out since I haven't tried them yet. So with those and 15 bags of AWF should finish the season out. Any comments on how the Lignetics have done for you? I just put 1st bag in overnight and looks like tomorrow will be the real test with a high of 37 and low of 20 overnight into friday.

yep spring was nice this year. we got 3 inches of Snow and have blowing snow also. 26 outside but a nice 74 inside.
I burned Lignetics 2 yrs ago and they did well for me. I would burn them again if I did not have to drive all over to get them.

Yeah some snow on tap for us here tonight into tomorrow.
It looks like warmer days ahead after this crappy week.
Stove still burning away loaded with GT's. :)

Wow, I just cut my lawn for the first time this year. 70 degrees here this PM

Cincinnati Kid said:

My lawn won't even be dry enough to cut before the first week in May at the rate things are going.

save$,

Me thinks Al Gore relocated to New England this past winter.

I sure hope his seaside mansion doesn't wind up underwater because of all of the global warming climate change disruption challenges.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Cincinnati Kid said:

My lawn won't even be dry enough to cut before the first week in May at the rate things are going.

save$,

I sure hope his seaside mansion doesn't wind up underwater because of all of the global warming climate change disruption challenges.

Someone better ask for the Prize to be returned. He blew smoke up someone's chimney to win it.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
Cincinnati Kid said:

save$,

Someone better ask for the Prize to be returned. He blew smoke up someone's chimney to win it.

Eric

He blew something, err smoke somewhere! These Lignetics are doing great, was 18 this morning. I've no way to prove it as I've never taken temps like some have, but they seem to be hotter than any I've burned so far. At least to my untrained hand up near the stove!

save$ said:
A far cry from March of last year! Where is that Gorebull warming? At least inside is toasty warm with the stove running 24/7 25F outside now. Got 5 inches of wet Spring snow yesterday and more predicted for tomorrow.

Really guys.....? You should do some research before commenting on Global Warming, since apparently people don't know much about it...

I burnt 2 tons of Lignetics last year and was happy with them(green lettering on bags).burnt about half a ton this year(blue lettering on bags) and i won't buy them again.More ash,less heat.I'm not sure what the difference between the two is but if i can't find the green bags i'll burn something else.My friend who bought a ton at the same time i did noticed the difference too.

I burned Ligs last year, blue lettering. Tons of ash. Heat output was good tho. Won't use them again.

They were predicting snow/rain here this am. But the Sun is Out. I sure wish I could screw up so bad in my job and still get paid the big bucks!!

Still burning even with the sun out. 35 here right now.

I'm getting ready to bunker two years worth of pellets this coming Thursday so I'm spending some quality time in my garage moving things to be able to fit in 11 more ton of pellets.

So yesterday the chairs and table got put back on my deck and today I rolled the grill up the upper drive, cleaned it and tried it out, now the boss is going to get some decent ground beef, sausages, buns, and rolls.

I don't care that there's still a foot or so of white on the lawn (even more where the deck got shoveled) or that the temperature may not even be to the freezing point when I do the grilling, today is officially, first grilled burgers of the year day.

Sounds good Smokey, what time is dinner? We will all be up/over. LOL

Enjoy!!

Fish On said:
I always have a shoveled path to my grille all year long!

I might have done that if I didn't have to clear as much snow as I already have to do (requirement for fire truck access plus chicken coop path).

twojrts said:
Sounds good Smokey, what time is dinner? We will all be up/over. LOL

Enjoy!!

Sorry twojrts, the burgers and sausage were for lunch, daughter and granddaughter are here today.

They were good, something special about the first ones of the season.

Oh rats!! A day late and a dollar short.

You are right, the first ones of the season are always the best!!

Enjoy your kids.

SmokeyTheBear said:
I'm getting ready to bunker two years worth of pellets this coming Thursday so I'm spending some quality time in my garage moving things to be able to fit in 11 more ton of pellets.

So yesterday the chairs and table got put back on my deck and today I rolled the grill up the upper drive, cleaned it and tried it out, now the boss is going to get some decent ground beef, sausages, buns, and rolls.

I don't care that there's still a foot or so of white on the lawn (even more where the deck got shoveled) or that the temperature may not even be to the freezing point when I do the grilling, today is officially, first grilled burgers of the year day.

Wow bear, Still a foot of snow? Ours in all gone bye-bye. Pulled the boat upfront and tempted to pull the cover off. But the wind picked up and I doubt it will get into the 40's today. So I'll keep the cover on for now!

With all this food talk, Just might have to drag the grille out and fire it up. Bit more hassle for me as I only use charcoal and flavored pellets(had to get pellets in the post). But man things taste great and worth the extra time spend prepairing the fire! Heck with bugers, I heading for the steak isle! Lets see now, NY strip or Porterhouse? Mhhhh-Mhhhh STEAK! :)

j-takeman said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

Wow bear, Still a foot of snow? Ours in all gone bye-bye. Pulled the boat upfront and tempted to pull the cover off. But the wind picked up and I doubt it will get into the 40's today. So I'll keep the cover on for now!

With all this food talk, Just might have to drag the grille out and fire it up. Bit more hassle for me as I only use charcoal and flavored pellets(had to get pellets in the post). But man things taste great and worth the extra time spend prepairing the fire! Heck with bugers, I heading for the steak isle! Lets see now, NY strip or Porterhouse? Mhhhh-Mhhhh STEAK! :)

You need not worry, I'll get to the steak and other goodies in due time. The first thing we do on the grill every year is burgers, if I get around to getting to town to get my hunting license I might just add fishing to it, then I can go about a mile in the other direction and see if I can snag a salmon. Something else that's good on the grill.

I've got to stop talking about food, it is making me hungry again.

I really like grilled salmon. but the best way I had it was wrapped in foil, buttered and cooked in the coals of a campfire! Trout are good that way too.
Would like to fire up the grill, but not in this wind. Would also be nice if my teeth were not chattering so loud.
If you can/willing, take some pics when you get that pellet delivery from Baker. Is he bringing it to you in two loads?
Enjoy your grand kids. I'm going to be with mine tonight. It's my son's birthday. I think all 8 grandchildren will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.